Jun 13, 2017 Ep 109 Want a be left alone community, like crypto & farming?
Want a be left alone community, do you like crypto & small scale farming, or at least knowing where your food came from? We might be a good fit for you, just think about it. We are seeing some fluctuations in the market, but not in the expected directions for everything.
Donate through Patreon or, Sign-up for the occasional newsletter about special happenings and GIVEAWAYS. We’ve got a Ledge Nano on the block now. WIN A LEDGER NANO!!!
A be left alone community and a ton of crypto today
- Homestead animal of the Day: Red/Black Star “Sex-link” Chickens
- Wild Edible of the day: Lamb’s Quarter & a recipe to cook it http://bit.ly/2sZ93VN or preserve it http://bit.ly/2sZ9xv5
- Crypto-currency market
- TAAS recent investment & customer service
- Ripple, is it going to do anything? Here’s why it might not, but probably will a little bit.
- Swarm City, the next step toward broad adoption. http://bit.ly/2sq9XgW
- CoinBase, still a pain in my ***, but still the easiest way to on-board cash to crypto, unless you live in HI or WY.
- Transfer your currency quick and cheap over at Shapeshift.IO
- Get $10 when you start your CoinBase account today, by funding it w/ $100 of BitCoin. It’s the fastest, easiest way to get into the Crypto Market. Use this Link for the $10 incentive and we both get $10.
- Do you like your privacy? Me too, so get a VPN like me & protect your data.
- Some outrageous stories from AlternativeMediaSyndicate.com
- Everything that’s wrong with the world and yet the “State” does nothing, might want to skip a few minutes if you don’t want to hear me blow a gasket. http://bit.ly/2sq8wPy
- Not all cops are evil, but don’t consent to them looking at or through your phone. This story isn’t a terrible trampling of rights, it’s well within the law and respecting your privacy. Make your own decision though. http://bit.ly/2sqAIBI
- Join me as I start A be left alone community, because you’re invited. We’re looking for like-minded people who just want to be left alone and voluntarily associate with their neighbors. People who don’t call the department of making you said because they don’t think their neighbors “should be doing that”.
A Denver Metro only store, but a quality feed recipe anyway.
This is my current recipe. Listed in percentages
14 Austrian field peas
9 Malt Barley
7 Mung Bean
2 Coconut Flakes
1 Chile Peppers red
1 Spinach Flakes
I order it from this company. http://excellobirdseed.com/ Last order was $35.04 per 50 lb bag. You can ask Brian for the Hislop Custom Poultry blend if you if want to order it yourself. My next order I will be picking up around Jan 15-25.
-The blend doesn’t contain supplemental calcium which is the primary reason that layer feed can not be used as starter.
-I will put the blend into a coffee grinder, food processor, or blender to make a soft meal for the chicks. Water can be added as necessary for paste consistency if desired right before feeding. I don’t add water myself but I know people that do.
-I will also supplement the feed with table scraps of meat and veggies that have been put in the blender/grinder the same way when they are still in the starter phase.
-When moving into the grower phases I do not add the table scraps and reduce the availability of the food so they don’t grow too fast and start to learn how to forage around the yard by themselves.
-The main difference between grower and layer is that grower will have less protein and no added calcium.
-The protein of the blend is still right around 20%.
-Perhaps once during the summer I will add in a handful of oyster shells to my layers if I get a thin shelled eggs. *For the most part they get plenty of calcium from dirt and rocks and greens just foraging around on their own.
If you’ve got questions or comments, want to see something specific covered, or want to come on and join the conversation, give me a shout at Josh at BuildingCommunity.Today
If you’re looking for a way to protect & grow freedom, mitigate the state as much as possible, live near and work with like-minded people, I’m looking for you. We’re building a community with an agricultural center-piece that will contain small home lots, but will be a community designed with intent. This is to be a neighborhood where you know & talk to your neighbors, do business with them and look out for one another’s property and family.
If you like this sort of thing check out www.BuildingCommunity.Todayand be a part of this community as we build a bigger, better one for tomorrow.
Donate through Patreon OR Send Swarm City Tokens (SWT) to support the show: 0xb73d872a43972cc44ed00da036d566511797a341
Listen to the Building Community Today Podcast at: